Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MLM007 not transferring calls sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccctech

Vendor
Nov 3, 2005
US
Have a Merlin Legend R7.0v10 on a CKE5 processor and a MLM007 six port voicemail. Having issues with the auto attendant not always transfering calls properly. Most of the time it works however sometimes it will transfer back to the operator with the VM Return message. They have 7 loop-start lines, I have ran test calls on all 7 lines and all 6 VM ports but always works for me while on-site. While off site I have made test calls and it doesn't transfer me to the ext I dialed within the AA, but transfers me to the operator. I have tested all the TTR's four times and they pass. I am at a loss if it may be processor going bad or the VM itself. Any thoughts what may be the issue.

It still sounds like TTR trouble. Have you made any changes to
the VM/AA or call coverage group??
How many other cards in the system w/ TTR's...
One more thought....update the processor release to 7.0142...this
might help.

Double checked the calling group setup and did a file compare from a previous printout from a year ago and they were identical. Customer isn't getting complaints from their analog phone users and I tested each of the TTR's muliple times successfully. My guess it is the 007, but will swap out the processor since I can quickly backup/restore a processor to rule that out.

There are techs in this forum, who sell HD's for the 007...I suggest you invest in one...given the age of that series of VM
ckt packs.

It is almost assuredly TTR problems. Good news is that the hard drives pop right out and, so long as the replacement main board has the same boot firmware, sticking in the old drive into the new board should solve it.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back