Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MLM007, clicking on transfer, then Disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
I have a Legend R7 with an MLM007. Calls are directed to the AA immediately.
System is in Key mode, Operator is 10. 3 mailboxes, 10, 11, 12 and 18.

Call comes in(pots lines), and is answered by AA, press any extension number, and you hear the recording "your call is being transferred", then 3 sets of double clicks, which sound like the Voicemail trying to transfer, and then you are disconnected. The destination is never ringing at any point.

I have tried to rotary enable the VM ports, as well as not to, same thing. It doesnt matter if I set up selector codes or direct extension transfer, same result. I have verified that the ports are all set for Auto Attendant.

Is this thing bunk? It is for a homeless shelter donated by one of our customers who got a new hosted system, would hate to have to tell them it was working when removed from the previopus owner, now needs fixin....

First off, don't rotary enable, that's for merlin messaging only. Usually a "your call is being transfered" pickup is indicative of having the voicemail ports assigned incorrectly. I would start there. Try calling each extension you believe is a voicemail port and it should pickup right away.

You call is being transferred, coming AFTER the AA answers and you input an extension number is correct. If it comes on the initial ring the calling group is not set as Integrated VMI

What is the maximum extension length.

Clarify "the ports are all set for Auto Attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back