Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML530 and Windows 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrapp

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hey all. I have an ML530 with dual PIII Xeon 866, Smart Array 4200 Card, IBM Serveraid 4H card, and am having a big problem installing Win2k. I am currently using the IBM Serveraid card since it was easier to configure, and all seems working fine on that end. The problem is installing Win2k Server. The cd boots, loads some drivers, then when it get to the Starting Windows 2000... message, it just stops. Nothing happens. I've tried to install it onto a drive connected directly to the mobo's scsi port, removed and disabled all non-essential cards (basically all of the card) and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jeff Rapp

Wait, I got it to work. It was one of two things. I disabled the onboard SCSI controller, and I waited longer for setup. Not sure which one worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back