Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 won't restart or shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

renne

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
I'm running this unit with one 933Mhz (I removed a 2nd processor just to see if it made a difference ) processor and 512K of RAM. I'm using Smartstart 5.5, but I have used 5.2 also on this machine during this install. I installed Smartstart, configured the hardware; the array is RAID 1. I installed Windows 2000, checking the box on Smartstart for Windows 2000 Server, since if I don't the Windows installation will hang. I then installed Windows 2000 and I have no problem until I install the Advanced System Management utility to turn down the fan to low and then I can't restart or shutdown the machine - I have to pull the plug.

I have almost the identical machine except it's a different processor and the Advanced System Management didn't cause any problem. I'm just stumped and about ready to bite at this point.

Anybody have any answers? Thanks.

Renne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back