Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 wants drivers!! Wants them NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renne2005

Technical User
Jan 22, 2005
US
WIN2K - SP4 - PSP 7.30 - (after SP4) - dual 800 CPUs, 1 gig RAM, RAID 5, etc, etc.

I installed a 431 array controller v. 1.18 on my ML370 which originally came with a ROC. I thought I disabled it in a correct manner, but maybe not. I took the card out of the slot and disabled the integrated controllers (both)in the bios through the configuration utility on Smartstart. I have read something last night about a "bypass" thingy - am I missing something here?

The only reason I'm aware of this, is after windows loads the screen reports it's found 2 new items of SCSI hardware and wants the drivers for them. It doesn't say WHAT wants the drivers, but from the slot positions I suspect it's the 2 channel ROC.

I also suspect the reason I keep losing my modem config settings, which is on a USB 2.0 card in slot 2, every time I restart might have something to do with this too.

I realize these units were designed as servers and don't like to be geegawed up as personal computers with USB, sound cards, video accelerators, etc, but they are pretty much bullet proof once they are set up - the parts are readily available and they run forever. Well, hopefully :>

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Renne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back