Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 G3 iLO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambo2k

MIS
Feb 7, 2001
CA
Has anyone done a reset on their iLO card in a ML370 G3?
The tag with the iLO info was lost in transit from the prior site to here. I am going to look on HP, but i thought i would see if anyone had done one and if there were any gotcha's that i should watch out for.
Thx

Providing you have the Proliant Support Pack installed and providing you are using a Windows OS, you can use the HPONCFG utility from your OS to interrogate the iLO and reset the card or administrator password as required.

The link to the utility is below:

The utility uses XML scripts and there is a ZIP file contained in the download that has sample scripts. The XML documents look as if they require the Administrator username or password but although the fields have to be in the script, they are not used for authentication. Simply amend the XML document to include the required password for the Administrator account and run it.

You can also perform a factory defaults reset but this does not reset the Administrator password.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Of course, the easiest option is to enter the iLO Configuration Utility during server POST boot and just reset the Administrator password and change the IP configuration from there :)

"Insert funny comment in here!"

I tried during POST but i think that there is a jumper to move as i do not have any existing passwords and the tag with that information is missing.
I will look for the HPONCFG and try that method before cracking open the cover and looking for the jumper to disable password security for the iLO.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back