Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 drive failed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitfixer

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
IE
I have a Proliant ML370 G4 with 6 x 72.8 GB SCSI 15K drives in a hot swap RAID 5, drive 0 is showing a red light and the ACU tells me that the drive has failed

I have some 72.8 GB 15K drives that were pulled from another server, can I use one of these? should I format before I install or reflash the firmware?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

FrankF
A+,Network+,MCSA

If the drive has a partition on it or was a member of a RAID volume when it was removed from the other server, I would recommend that you format (or initialize) the drive on another server. Better safe than sorry. This should also help the system to auto rebuild the RAID volume when it detects the replacement. Make sure the drive has at least the same firmware as the drive it is replacing if not newer.

----------------------------
Josh

I got a new replacement drive, better to be safe than sorry
The Array rebuilt overnight and ACU reportsd that all is weel again, thanks for the sound advice Josh

regards
Frank

FrankF
A+,Network+,MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back