Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML140 & Smartstart

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitfixer

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
IE
I have installed OS'es on Proliants many times using smartstart, when my company bought a DL140 I booted from the latest SmartStart CD, but I get this error message;
'Smartstart does not support deployment of this Server model'
The Server came with a 641 smart array controller and 2 72GB SCSI drives but no CDROM or FDD, I am using USB floppy and CD drives to install Server 2003 but setup fails because it cannot see the SCSI drives

I have tried pressing F6 during the setup and loading the 641 driver from floppy disk, it did not work

I have lifted the lid and checked the drives are connected, this looks OK, During bootup the 641 controller seems to initialize, the 2 little spinners seem to pick up the disks,
I am stuck in a hole here, I would be grateful for any help or suggestions, I still cannot understand why smartstart does not support this type of server, I am going to stick to DL380's from now
Thanks for your help

FrankF
A+,Network+,MCSA

you answer is in youre post 'Smartstart does not support deployment of this Server model'you should try an older version of smartstart.....try something like 5.4

nevermind my previous post after further research it seems that there is no smartstart that supports the dl140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back