Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mksysb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

depsi

Technical User
Jun 27, 2000
SE
Hi,<br><br>I'm trying to do a mksysb on a rs6000 system with aix 4.2,<br>but it complains that the /unix file is missing.<br>I then checked the /unix file and it's linked to<br>/usr/lib/boot/unix_mp but the file is 0 bytes !!??<br><br>Is this ok (we have rebooted the system without any problems<br>earlier)? What do I do now ?<br><br>//Depsi<br>

the file /usr/lib/boot/unix_mp is 0 bytes ? &lt;raised eyebrows&gt; <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Ok.....<br><br>I think you may need to have someone login and look at your system. Email me if I can help. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

You can try installing <b>bos.up</b> or <b>bos.mp</b> to reinstall a copy of your kernel, up is UniProcesson, and mp is obviously MultiProcessor (for SMP machines). But must be a reason you haven't&nbsp;&nbsp;that file! You must to investigate!<br><br>I hope it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back