Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mkdev tape kernal link failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StamaMan

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
I have just installed a new hard disk and reloaded the SCO software from floppy and CD with out any problems. When I try to install the scsi dat tape device using mkdev tape with ID of 2 all appears to go well until the Kernal rebuild.
Here are the error messages that appear:
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.h" , line 70: to many array(2) initializers
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.h" , line 70: to many initializers; missing } ?
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.h" , line 70: illegal lhs of assignment operator
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.h" , line 70: unacceptable operand of &
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.h" , line 70: can not recover from earlier errors: goodbye
"var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.c" , line 70: will not compile properly

i386ld space.o fatel: Cant't open file var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.o for input.
Error: can not link-edit unix
idbuild : idmkunix had errors
system build failed
Error Kernal link failed

Any advice/solution would be very much appreciated thank you.

line 70 is a comment line.....
what shell are you using?
have you applied any of the patches for 5.0.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back