Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixing sound channels idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakata

Programmer
Dec 13, 2000
FR
Hi there,

Searching for a way of driving the left and right channels of a sound card to let them play in mono but with a level control of each in the mix...
In other words, have a file with different sounds in the left (sound effects) and right channel (comments) and need to mix them in a way to make them smooth to listen (comments higher then sound effects) in mono way (same result on both channels...

Have heard about windows dll but can't find a way through...(

Any idea ?)

Luc

"Keep the nose in the blue"

Yakata

I have been playing around with a 3'rd party active x control from called impulsestudio 3.04 While I havn't worked specificly with the mixing elements I believe that they may have something that could help you. You can download a 'tryout' version for free. Included in that are some mixing examples. You may want to take a look

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, johnnyv , but no settings possible through their tool :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back