Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixing 206EC R 3.1 & R 4.1 in ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichTanner

Vendor
Nov 18, 2016
US
Can 206 EC 3.1 & 4.1 be used in he same system ( ACS 7 ) . If a mismatch what are the problems

You can use any 206EC version with an ACS R7.0. Only problem would be if you have a 206E and not 206EC then caller ID would not work on any line plugged into those line ports on the 206E.

Can both a 206 R 3.1 & R 4.1 be used in same system .

R 3.1 in slot 2 & 3 and R 4.1 in slot 4. Having problems getting a decent replacement 206 also. Last refurbed one smoked when I inserted it and powered up.

Yes. Any version will work with your PACS R7.0. Mix and match as needed.

To telecomboy....someone told me if you mix and match a R3 & R4 you have to put a R4 in the first expansion card slot. Customers are hanging on the their Partners and even a couple Merlin 820's and I'm trying to sell them an IPO. Can't win !!!

That is not true. Doesn't matter what order they go in. They will all work on an R7 PACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back