Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixed Mailbox DN Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

buthead

Technical User
Jul 1, 2005
US
Hello Messaging Guru's,
I have introduced 5 digit extensions into my system. My existing mailbox DN's are 4. Can I mix the two? And where would I change the length at? AAM 6.3

Are they at the same location or a different site ? In most cases you would add a new site to allow this. And in networked servers set to variable but be very careful or you can invalidate the mailboxes in use.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Were you able to switch to a variable length mailbox length without impacting the current mailboxes?

I need to switch to being a multiple AAM site configuration with the current site being 7 digits and the new site being 8 digits.

The network server setting is currently at 7 digits and I would like to switch it to variable.

Will this work?

Well I went all in tonight and made the change from 7 digit mailbox length to variable length (after I made sure I had multiple backups).

It all worked.

There was the need to restart the storage server and the application servers along with activating the new site on the application servers as they are initially inactive.

I now have one site with 7 digit extensions/mailboxes and another with 8 digit extensions/mailboxes.

Ken,I'm about to change my mailbox length to variable but I saw you post to be careful in regards to existing mailboxes. Can you elaborate on what could occur during this change? I currently have almost 4K mailboxes with 5 digit length and need to add a new site with 7 digit length. Thanks,

I would add a new site and not use the variable mailbox length

Ken Means

The system length is set to 5 so even though my new site is set to 7, it keeps giving me an error due to the system definition.

you need to set the telephony page with a new connection first

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back