Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixed inventory/Auto Pack Settings and Progression/WMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
Okay guys. We have a new requirement from the FDA regarding a specific cross-section of our inventory. These specific items will have to now be lotted. Now this isn't an issue in itself except that we ship major retailers (i.e. Wal-Mart), some of these items are our most popular, and to ship within the required window, we have them set to Auto Pack. Now, I was just informed that the only way to have the serial/lot pull correctly is to have the set to Pick n Pack. From a logistical standpoint, that is not a valid option for us due to the increase in manpower required.

We are using Progression version 7.7.700 - SQL, as well as WMS, and Vantage Point EDI. If anyone has encountered this issue, please advise your outcome. I am seeking input/advice, as this is very new ground for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back