Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mixed-content warnings from IE using SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknyppy

Programmer
May 14, 1999
US
I'm using an Apache 2/Tomcat 5.5/SSL setup and keep receiving mixed-content warnings from IE. Apache is serving the static content like images, styles, etc. and Tomcat is serving the servlet/jsp's.

Every page I access popups the mixed content warning.

Can I modify a Tomcat or Apache conf file to eliminate this problem???

Its a browser warning - not a server warning.

Its because you are referencing a JSP in SSL mode, but are probably pulling in other resources such as CSS files, images etc from a non SSL URL. If you stop doing this, your problem sould disappear.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

I understand that but I want to let Apache process html pages and Tomcat process jsps/servlets.

We store the html content like images and html pages under the Apache htdocs/ and jsp/servlet content under the Tomcat/webapps directory.

The whole site is using SSL. Perhaps the SSL is misconfigured on Tomcat? Should we just store all the content in a single directory under Tomcat?

Yes, but you are loading those images via non-SSL port - which means that you are loading resources via HTTP and also via HTTPS (ie from port 443 for you secure pages and from port 80 for images, CSS, HTML etc).
This is what, I believe, you need to change (ie, when in SSL mode, load all resources via the HTTPS protocol - not HTTP).

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. Do you know what config setting to change?

Thanks,Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back