Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice Business ring group issues...retiree brought back...trying to remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I retired Feb 29, 2020 from my local telco after 45 years, gladly handing the responsibilities of county government phone systems, as well as a few 911 systems over to my surviving coworkers. Frankly I was sick of being on-call 24/7 for ten years.

A couple of months ago my local Sheriff Dept enticed me to come work with them on a temporary project...and for some reason I agreed. part of the responsibilities involve taking care of their 3300 that I had installed 5 years ago. Unfortunately, last summer cleaning out hubris, I mistakenly threw away all my Mitel notes I had accumulated over a decade...now I am trying to dive back into this system from memory.

The Sheriff dispatch has 4 IP phones, all in a ring group, as well as a pickup group. when a call comes in, 3221 rings on its main line, but the others ring the pickup keys instead of ringing their prime lines. I only 1st looked at this yesterday, they said the issue started several months ago. All 4 phones show as members in both the ring group as well as the pickup group.

Two of the phones are 5340s and two have been changed to 6900 series sets.

Where should I start troubleshooting, other than tearing the groups down and rebuilding them.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Not completely clear from your description what is configured

is the main call sent to the ring group ?
is 3221 a member of that ring group
- are the other extensions members of the ring group

I would start by checking call forwards
- can use locate feature extension XXXX (or the forward form under advanced)
do it for ring group and members
- this will also show if any members of the ring group are in make busy ( will stop ring group calls from delivering)
check ring group presence ( look at the members and make sure they arent set as absent)

sounds to me like someone has perhaps set a diversion on the ring group to 3221
or made the other members absent

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for the reply!

I'll start hunting down the info...

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

Avaya IP Office

The main line rings the ring group # (2100)

There are no active features on the ring group or the sets, and all sets are present in the group and all sets are in the same COS

3221 is a member of the group along with 3222, 3223 and 3244

3221 and 3222 were changed at some point to 6940 sets. The dispatchers didn't like the sets and chose to use the 5340 sets at the main stations (generally there two dispatchers, and two overflow stations)

Apparently the calls ring in fine to the 6940 sets, but the 5340 sets need to access the calls via the pickup keys most of the time. The 6940 sets were installed after I left and I'm not familiar with them, except to know they are flashed for Minet and not SIP.

Avaya IP Office

I looked and the sets didn't have 3221 built on a key, so I set up multicall keys and they are now able to pick up directly. It appears the ring group is ringing linear instead of broadcast. can I set that in the group COS?

(This is my 2nd day touching this 3300 after 3 years of trying to forget it all...it seems to slowly be coming back a little)

Avaya IP Office

I found the problem. Previous IT guy had changed to a different call flow in the NuPoint, and the flow was dialing 3221 instead of the ring group extension. Now the ring group is ringing as it should.

Avaya IP Office

good work .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back