Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mivoice Business Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelsx2k

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
GB
Hi I have a customer that are getting no ringing tone when making outgoing calls from there mivoice bus console they are dialling out via isdn30 the call connects but no ringing tone also they get ringing tone on internal calls ok.Console has been rebooted and they say they have tried a different usb headset.

What system and software level are they on?

Definitely make sure that the MiVB software version is a match for the MiVb version.

they are now dependant upon each other , if pabx is upgraded chances are MiVb has to be upgraded

I have seen similar issues with a console that party works after a pabx was upgraded and the console wasnt

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

MCD is on 7.2 and have upgraded the console to 8.0.0.71 still the same you get no ringing tone, if i force a call out over IP trunking to another controller the call is ok you get ringing tone

Definitely make sure that the MiVB software version is a match for the MiVb version

did you read the release notes for the MCD and the console ?
you cant run version 8 console on version 7 MCD
From 7.2 SP1 PR1 Release Notes Software Release 13.2.1.27

Mivb_7.2_dwaalb.png

Below from release notes for MIVOICE bus console 8.0

Note: MiVBC 8.0 is backward compatible with MiVB 7.2/7.1. It is not compatible with MiVB 7.0.

Sorry .. my bad , i hadnt picked up that it was now backwards compatible only that if you upgraded (mcd)you had to upgrade9console)

so back to the start
getting no ringing tone when making outgoing calls from mivoice bus console
dialling out via isdn30
call connects but no ringing tone
they get ringing tone on internal calls ok.

-Questions
- do normal extensions hear ring tone when making outgoing calls
- does the console have the same cos as normal extensions or is it different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back