Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice Business 8.0 SP3 PR1 connection to MultiTech FaxFinder FF240-IP via SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichS1023

Technical User
Oct 26, 2007
US
Has anyone ever successfully connected a MultiTech FaxFinder FF240-IP to a Mitel 3300/MCD/MiVoice Business via SIP trunks? No matter what I try on an outbound fax the call is always rejected with a "503 Service Unavailable" error, no matter if I try T.38 or G7.11 pass thru. Mitel offers no information and neither does MultiTech, at least that I can find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Did you look in the SIP COE manual?

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

I have the same question and there is no SIP COE for the FaxFinder and I haven't been able to find any integration guides on line or from MultiTech.

I found something for Multitech but not for this device so I didn't know how applicable it might be.

Attached

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=02e2941f-0f4f-4a87-be4b-9428b3fd0a05&file=Multitech_MVP210_(trunkside)_-_08-5159-00032_2.pdf
Do you have the T.38 and Compression licenses?

Firstly, you must use port number 5060 in the network element.
Secondly, in the sip peer profile, in SDP option, set "Enable Mitel proprietary SDP" and "Force sending SDP in initial invite - early answer" and "prevent the use of IP Address 0.0.0.0" and "repeat SDP answer if duplicate offer is received" to Yes. Then in the next tab Signaling and header set "Ignore incoming loose routing indication" to yes. let the other tabs be as default.

Please send your licenses info to see if there are any Compression and T.38 and send a picture of your "network zone" and "Fax Service Profile" pages.
Thanks

@Semicolon, Enable Mitel proprietary SDP, I have never had to do this. Like I may have mentioned earlier, now went I install the FF SIP, I point the numbers to trusted extensions that call rerouted always to a speed call that has digits to select a route. The route has a modified that absorbs digits and adds <F> to get the correct box. I then either associate with the user or name it for what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back