Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVBG/MBG Connector for remote MiContact Agents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hello all,

I am trying to understand the mechanics of the MiVBG Connector which allows remote MiContact agents to work remotely without the need for a VPN. As I understand it, once connected this connector creates a tunnel to the Teleworker server which then uses remote proxy services to pass the traffic onto the MiContact server on the LAN. But mine doesn't.

I have searched the MiCC docs and this forum and have worked out that:

The following ports need to be open:

Internet <-> DMZ Teleworker
36000-36004
35001-35008

Teleworker <-> MiContact Server (Mitel LAN)
5024-5026
7000-7003

The MICC is configured for SSL.
The Teleworker and MiCC's SSL certificate is installed and valid.
The hostname of the MiCC is resolvable to the Teleworker server externally.
The MiVBG Connector client certificate has been approved on the TW MiVBG and connects.
The TW MiVBG has the MiCC hostname in the Remote Proxy Domain list.

Without the MiVBG Connector connected I can already browse to Ignite and CCMWeb and login successfully. But none of the apps e.g. Yoursite, Contact Centre Client connect either with or without the MiVB Connector enabled. I just get the message 'Configuration Manager Service unavailable. Please verify your server address.' I am using the valid hostname e.g. micc.companyname.com with SSL ticked.

Is there a log file I can check on the TW MiVBG to see the request come in or a log on the MiCC to see if it's got that far? I have tried the usual log files e.g. Tug.log, Messages but nothing in there relating to this.

My cynical Mitel brain thinks this is a Firewall issue and I have put in a request for the FW team to double-check their side and the ports listed above.

I am using MiCC v9.3.0.0
MiVBG - v11.0.0.294

Have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated.

if you are using thick clients (YSE flex CCC)
IN MBG Under teleworking - Application Integration
you should have the Micontact centre connector enabled and set to the internal ip of the MICC

( note if only using web-ignite / ccm this isnt required)

Some keys things that i found

1: when creating the connector - dont use a resolvable name
for example
if you also have webignite and are proxying that as micc.company.com ( and using as the URL)
use MBG-Company as the connector name NOT micc.company.com

2: DONT select SSL
the tunnel will use SSl once its established , dont select it when trying to connect using thick apps
enter MBG-Company as the Server Address , deselect SSL

3: if you already have a connector and want to fully remove its settings check here
C:\ProgramData\prairieFyre Software Inc - remove the xml and ini files

4: when installing the connector run it as a local admin
- otherwise the above config files and registry keys arent entered properly
NOTE - it will also create an entry in the hosts file to send the client traffic to a loopback so it goes down the tunnel

5: generate a RANDOM MAC and NOTE the computer name or agent name
6: once the certificate has been requested and enabled on the MBG
- make and enable a minet device on the MBG using the Random mac address that was set on the MBG connection
I use the computer or agent name in the description so it can be identified and removed if the link needs to be blocked

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi Billz66,

Amazing, thank you for these tips.

I can confirm that the MBG has the application integrated to the IP address of the MiContact server as you mentioned and that I am trying to get the thick clients to work. CCMWeb and Ignite already work through the web proxy when remote which makes me now certain the part I am failing on is because of your first point. I am connecting using the resolvable name that Ignite and CCMWeb also use through the Web Proxy and not using a separate one. All your other points, I have managed to do these already. Some by luck, some by skill.

I will update you with progress on Monday.

I can confirm that the steps Billz66 provided have worked.

In order to fix my issue, I reconfigured the MiVB Connector to have:

VPN Name - mbg.companyname.com (not micc.companyname.com which I am already using for remote proxy access for Ignite and CCMWeb)
IP Address - The external IP of the Teleworker MiVBG
MAC Address - Random

I then tried to connect and the cert request was sent to the Teleworker MiVBG where I approved it. Canceled the VPN connection attempt as it just sat there waiting and clicked connect again. The VPN established.

Opened up CCC and it connected perfectly to mbg.companyname.com

Massive thank you to Billz66.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back