Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB - populate Location field on User Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
We found that the Location Field on the User Profile tab is blank. We want to populate this so it displays the proper location for 911 calls. I exported, modified, then imported the appropriate location, but it's still blank on phones with no First Name/Last Name. I also can't modify that field manually. I'm told it's because there is no name / user assigned.
These are vacant hotel guest rooms. We'd like to get these populated properly. How can we do this without going through the effort of manually? I tried adding "No Guest" to first name/last name and it errored out.
"Directory Name Must Be Valued when user related"

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Location data for E911 is going to be based on the CESID assigned to the extension, no the Location field.

Internally, we use Revolutions to alert our Security staff when 911 is dialed. I think that's where it pulls the location on the desktop alerts. We haven't figured out how to filter by site, so everyone sees every alert. Displaying the specific property is helpful to our staff.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

It looks like if the station is programmed as a Guest Room, the Location field is populated via the PMS link, so the MiVB will inherit the value sent by the PMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back