Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB - change operator default "0" to digit 9

bojo3871

Technical User
Jul 15, 2011
SG
Can someone let me know which references to consult in changing the default Operator extension 0 to 9? We are installing in a country where they use 9 for operator calls and 0 for making external calls. Even some of the Form labels refer to "0" for operator so I am concerned whether it is just a basic change.

Is it as simple as changing the extension on operator (0) mailbox and creating a speed dial for 9 to reach the attendant extension?
BR/Joel

I don't believe it would be there. I am basically swapping 9 with 0... as in MiVB, 0 is for operator and 9 is for ARS leading digit. But in other countries, it is the other way around.

Someone advised me to make sure there is not conflict in the ARS and configure as I mentioned in my original post. I will try that for now.

BR

Form 19 is for the SX-200 not the MIVB so that is not meaningful.

The MiVB does not have any defaults, 0 for operator and 9 for ARS are simply common conventions.

The embedded VM now works like a Nupoint so you simply create a directory tree from Auto-Att to transfer where ever you wish.

The default prompt in voicemail may still say press zero for operator though.

You can definitely set a speedcall as a single digit 9 and route it where ever you wish. I always did this with 0(zero)

MiVB will let you define 9 or 0, perhaps n9 is location based or speedcall and 0 is ars. If using embedded vmail might have to delete mbox 0 and add mbox 9. Nupoint config might take more tweaking.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back