Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 9.1 SP2/MiCC 9.3.4 - ACD Agent Page/Park not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSI17

Vendor
Mar 6, 2018
CA
Hi,
I was under the impression that an ACD agent would be able to park a call for another user (non-agent) if the call needs it. Is there no way to do this as an ACD agent?

Also, for Paging. Linked to the same idea, that they could park a call for someone, then page an existing page group.

Are ACD Agents not allowed to do these things?

Any info appreciated!
Thanks!

Not recommended

from online help

ACD agents can park calls, but once an ACD call is parked, it is no longer an ACD call. Thus, it is recommended that agents do not use the Call Park/Group Park feature and instead use the Hard Hold/Hard Hold Retrieve feature. If agents use the Call Park/Group Park feature, then the following behaviors apply:

If they park a call on an ACD path or directly on an agent, any recalls will go to the agent who parked the call and not route through the path again.

If an agent parks a call, it may not have a chance to recall the agent if they are occupied with other calls.

If an agent retrieves an ACD call that was parked, on completion of that call, the worktimer (if configured) is not started for the agent, as it is no longer an ACD call.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Wonder if they changed the behaviour at some point.
I was trying to park a call via the Call Park <DN> key that I setup - to park it to a trusted DN that I setup specifically for that, and it won't even park the call.
Non-agents can park calls just fine like this, but agents can't.
I do understand that it would mess up being an ACD etc. This client is kind of like a pseudo call center so they still want features as regular users.

check the class of service for the agents
they will most likely be in a different one to the agents
also wind out the park recall timer for that so that the calls stay parked for as long as possible

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back