Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 8.0 5330e screwy contrast issue question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
Our system has a couple hundred phones and several dozen of them are 5330e. It seems in the last couple of months clumps of these 5330e phone started suddenly losing contrast to the point I'm beginning to wonder if there's a setting in the controller that might affect this. I don't know whether it matters but all the affected phones are on streamlines and dongles.

I did some controller maintenance night before last and after it rebooted and the offices opened in the morning, I found that there were a few more that came back with no contrast...even with the contrast setting all the way up.

A couple of them I was able to reboot them and the contrast restored, but the other are still super dim.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Any change if you do a Restore Defaults or even Erase Main Load from the config menu? Are all of the problem phones around the same date code?

Dang...restore default...common sense step...of course I forgot to try that, and yes they are all the basically the same vintage. (I haven't checked the date codes specifically bu6t they were are installed about the same time)

I will try to default them tomorrow (I retired from the Mitel Partner as the installer/maintainer 3 years ago, and I was brought back part-time as the end user tech a few months ago and I have forgotten much)

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

Avaya IP Office

I've got a couple hundred 5300e's all made in 2014, haven't seen any issues like this yet on a large scale. Just wondering if it's a firmware or component problem. Biggest problem I have is the hookswitches on these and my 5320's get gunked up/oxidation on the contacts and fail. At that point I'll either crack open the phone and clean the contacts on the board with rubbing alcohol, or send them in to iStream for repair/refurbishment, depending on how beat up the set is.

I tried restore default on a couple of them with no change to the lack of contrast...and these phones are 2016 vintage...There's over a hundred of these 5330 sets and so far it seems isolated to about a dozen (all in the same department).

Thanks for the tips.

Jim

Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back