Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL3300 MXE IP ADDRESS CONFLICT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmarc900

Technical User
Sep 25, 2014
BW
Hi Everyone,
I am experiencing something ackward about MXE controller, there is IP address conflict, which I eliminate by deleting the second device on the network, then a different ip is said to be in conflict and this does not end. I have replaced the E2T card, but the fault persist. Anyone with a solution please help.

A bit more info is needed here.
Have you disconnected the system from the network and then try to ping or access the IP address in question?

What is telling you that you have an IP address conflict?

We get this a lot at times on quite a few systems. Its usually the Mitel ip conflict system getting its knickers in a twist. Most times we leave it alone as the addresses it reports do not conflict with the controller address. In fact I can't remember any that ever have....I am assuming you see this in the Mitel logs?

Just occasionally we have seen an actual conflict (although not with the controller) where someone has added a fixed address that conflicts with a DHCP address but only once has this affected the phone system when a printer was allocated a fixed address that conflicted with a phone (I think it was its a while now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back