Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Wireless Lan Stand - DHCP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

expocite33

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
CA
I have some Mitel WLAN stand and I change my DHCP to use option 125 and not 43 and others. Since, my phone stop to DHCP discovery. Before, it was working correctly. Is the option 125 is incompatible with WLAN stand???

If yes, what option I have to use (43???)

David Gagnon
3300Mxe 8UR4

It's got nothing in theory to do with the WLAN Stand, that's just the comunicating method.

Does the WLAN stand have a static address itself or get it's IP from the DHCP (not talking the phone, just the stand)?

Is the DHCP on the 3300 or a Windows server?

The WLAN stand don't have any static adress(only one to access the stand's setup by ethernet cable)

The DHCP is on a Windows 2003 server

I had some problem with option 125 on a 2003 server
They should be solved but i was told to use option 43 instead of 125

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

So the Wlan stand is in Access Point Mode yes?

It still has it's own IP address, the one you browse to to program.

Nop,I using WLAN stand connect to Cisco access point in a Cisco Wireless Lan Controller area. The IP adress 192.168.1.20 is using only for the web access. The authentication is ok on the WLAN controller.

Right ok, so have you set up multiple ssid's on the cisco wireless? one for Voice and one for data?

Had this issue with Cisco stuff. You need to make sure that in the DHCP options you're not tagging the VLAN. Leave that blank.

I think the problem is on your Win2003 server acting as the DHCP server. I can't get option 43 to work using SP1, not sure if Microsoft has fixed this issue in a later SP or not, I'm forced to stick with SP1 for other software compatibility issues.

lundah, don't think what expocite33 has got is in a Windows issue because it's Wireless LAN Stand related (correct me if i'm wrong)

If using Wireless LAN Controllers you need to make sure the scope for the Wireless LAN stands are not tagged or give the phones that are attached to the wireless lan stand a ststic IP address leaving the Vlan and priority blank.

A way from the Mitel side to test this is to turn off WMM in the Wireless Stand.

I think I had that backwards, with Win2k3 not able to support option 125, meaning you must use option 43 for your Mitel devices.

This relates to the WLAN stand because if your DHCP server can't use the option # your device is looking for, it will never get a response to the DHCP request.

Bottom line, if option 125 isn't working, try option 43 instead.

The phone is hanging at DHCP:Discovery, Boot Ver. 02.03.02.05

The WMM is deactivate on the stand

Have you tried putting in the setting manually (static), that will prove whether it's a network issue or a windows issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back