Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadmiller

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
What are everyones thoughts on becoming a member of the Mitel User Group. I know that it is a yearly cost to stay a member and that it gets me access to the edocs. Is there anything else that it does for me as a member. Is it truly worth the money. I work for a K-12 School district and we are on the GSA pricing contract so does that get us any type of discount?

I don't know about discounts for K12. If you know stuff then using this documentation you can figure out your ways even without formal trainings. I don't see any other benefits. This forum is much more active then whatever is built on the mitel web site

If I don't mind waiting I can usually get the doc's from our VAR, the sales man is pretty good about sending the ones I ask for. My problem is I always want them quicker. Does it give any info about new features or when upgrades might be release so that I can coordinate the upgrades with my VAR.

We've been a charter member of the User group since it's original inception in the mid 1980s. In years past attendance at the annual meetings were both fun and informative. At one time the user group had a pretty good tug on Mitel's ear. I'm unsure that is still the case, but the annual meetings are still worth attending. You'll usually also get to see new product before it hits the street. One year we got a guided tour of the factory (when it was still in Kanata). Yes there is a membership cost involved and that cost does not include your annual meeting, which depending on where it is held can get a tad expensive at times (Like the year we went to Las Vegas & stayed at Ceasar's Palace) - that was arguably one of the best ones I recall attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back