Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel UC connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytelexperts

Technical User
Jul 13, 2009
CA
I have a customer runing:

Mitel UC 2.0.1.6
3300 CX II 10.0.2.8
MAS 2.0 with MBG 5.2.10.0

When I connect the UC on the local LAN - no problems.
When I try to connect using Teleworker I can send / receive my certificate, and upon restart I get the following error:

Underlying connection was closed: Either there was a fatal error on the server or client authentication failed

I went through step by step with Mitel, and they say it all looks fine in regards to the programming of the server / client / MAS. Anyone have any ideas?

Is this UC Advanced 3?

One thing i've come accross with certificates with earlier releases is to make sure you get your certificate from OUTSIDE the company. Don;t as why but twice had a similar issue and i revoked the original cert and got a new one from ooutside the company and started working.

Have you added the softphone manually in devices of MBG server. The mac address is included in the certificate on the server which you need to approve.

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

Turns out it was their firewall when the subnets were routing that was not allowing UC to authenticate. (yes i know firewalls are not supported, but customers have them so we deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back