Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel toll fraud timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

STMorin

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
US
Hi,
Hopefully, one of you Mitel people can answer this question. I have a site with a combination of Mitel and Cisco IPT. I don't know what model/version the Mitel system is yet. The problem is, when a call is forwarded from the Mitel system to the company's instance of Oracle Contact Center On Demand, which ultimately rings back into the site on a DID on the Cisco system, at the 10 minute mark the call is terminated. The Cisco is configured with a global setting of 720 minutes before it will terminate a call, so I'm confident that calls are not being terminated by the Cisco environment. I have made 6 calls between 24 and 93 minutes in and out of the voice router at that site. Both the Mitel system and the Cisco system have independent voice PRIs.
Does Mitel have a toll fraud timer, or something similar, on transferred or call-forwarded calls?
Thanks

Steve

Look in the Class Of Service settings on the Mitel. I believe you'll find the call timer in there. I never had need to use it, so I'm a little vague on exactly how it works, so I'm unsure whether you invoke it in the CLOS of the inbound trunk or the station or both. (the station would make the most sense)

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

how are the Mitel and Cisco platform connected? SIP trunks?

james1982,
These two systems are not inter-connected in any way. Each has its own voice PRI and users must dial the DID number to reach a phone on the other system. Only a portion of the site was moved to Cisco IPT to support an instance of Oracle Call Center on Demand for a project involving Parts stores. Money wasn't included in the project to deploy Cisco IPT to the entire site. That will be a separate future project.
Users of Mitel phones are tranferring Parts store calls to an external number that rings into the Oracle system. (Oracle resides at a remote datacenter) Oracle looks to see which agents are logged in and available at the site and sends the call to the DID number of that agent. I think the issue involves tranferring calls to external numbers. Users of the Mitel system don't report any 10 minute disconnect issues with incoming calls or calls they dial make outside.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back