Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX200ML expansion cab problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Hi All,

One of my customer is currently half dead, the PBX main cabinet is working fine but since they got a power failure the expansion cabinet isn't comming back up.

We swapped the power supply for a new one (no results)
We removed all the cards and tested one by one (no results)
We swapped the bay control bay (no results)

The only part I haven't change is the Dual FIM Carrier Card (fiber).... I don't have any in stock.. but would that be the problem!!! is there any way I could test if the link is done or is there anything else I could try to islate what the problem could be.

Thanks guys

Turn off power.
Remove all the cards found in slots 1-8.
Leave Bay Control card in. Leave Fiber cable connected.
Restore power.

Does the BAY at least power up?
->No, then problem most likely in power supply or the Cabinet backplane. Also check that the power outlet you are using will power on something else (laptop, lamp, radio, whatever)
->Yes, proceed.

Does the Bay Control card come up?
->No, problem most likely in either the Bay control card, FIM card, or Fiber cable.
->Yes, proceed. (Not a bad idea to do a backup at this point!)

Start by pushing in the card in Slot 1, YES... while the system is powered on! Did the Bay lose power?
->Yes, then bad card (have seen ONS cards do this numerous times.
->No, then go to the next card slot and push it in. Continue until all cards are back in.

Good Luck. If you need more, try posting in the Mitel forum.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

I tried all of these... we are not loosing any power.

I suspect the FIM card to be defective but which one to replace... or is there a way I could test.

Merci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back