Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel sx2000 Light Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rey44Marine

Technical User
Mar 22, 2010
US
Alright, I'm a Marine that has been assigned to work on an old switch, Mitel sx2000 Light. Well we got everything to turn on but we can't get the screen to show anything. The power indicator is light up green but the screen is just black. Any help anyone can give me on how to fix this problem would greatly be appreciated.

crtl-w is the screen refresh, but if you don't know that already you're in for a lot of learnin.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Where are you connecting to the SX2000 and how are you doing it? What baud rate are you set at, what partiy etc.

Typically you connect to the back of the control node with a RS232 cable. The terminal emulation software needs to be 8N1 at 9600 baud. I would look to your cable as it might not have all the pins necessary to get you an output. I have seen cheap cables missing some of the necessary pins.

Turning it on is great but do you see any hard drive activity when it boots. There are thousands of SX2000's out there so its not like you got something you can't get parts for or help on.

Use a laptop with a serial or usb serial connect to the maint port 9600 baud 8n1 and hit ctl w this will refresh the screen

Another thing, be sure to connect to the control cabinet and not a PER cab. I remember from way back there were dip switches that needed to be set so if you get it talking to the CTL cab first then you'll eliminate that potential issue.

Ralph

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it, everyone's response was pretty much what I needed to do.I'm in the switch, but now I'm just trying to get the phones to dial out so I can call any commerciall line. I can call internally but when I try to call out, it gives me an error tone. The only way to dial out is by using an attendant console. I'm using the mitel superset 4150 phones and I'm currently on a ship, if that helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back