Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX200 MoH only working on internal extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPhoneGuy89

Technical User
Jan 5, 2023
US
Good Afternoon!! I am trying to figure out a problem i have been dealing with for some time now and can't seem to get an answer anywhere as to what could be causing this. I have a Mitel SX200 LW 19 PBX that has MoH over a universal card on a MoH module. The MOH was working fine at one time but all of a sudden it seems to only work on only internal calls between extensions that are placed on hold, and not on any external calls coming in that are placed on hold. I have already gone as far as completely replacing major cards with good tested spares that i had in stock, including the MCC with a backed up copy of the database, as well as replacing the entire bay that housed the Universal card/MoH module thinking it could have been an issue with something on the backplane of the old bay. I have also compared the programming of this location with another that has the exact same setup that is working right, but still no change. Any direction or insight on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

PRI which hits an auto attendant off of a Express Messanger VM when the main # is called. I have this same setup at other locations and they do work, just not at this one location.

Are you tenanting the different parts of this system? What about an analog trunk, can you try that too? Have you tried another PRI card?

I am curious what replacing the PRI would have to do with the music on hold not working on calls when service is working fine making and receiving them. Can you give an explanation why it could be the PRI card?? Also, we do not use any analog trunks at this location. The tenanting is set correctly.

You state you REPLACED the PRI. Is this a NEW carrier? New PRI implementations are being delivered via SIP connections to the carrier's on premise router. You may have to run the IMAT program on the SX200 to enable a new signaling scheme; i.e. NI2, DMS100, etc. If you don't want to run the IMAT have the carrier check that they are responding correctly to state changes, i.e. HELD CALL, TRANSFERED CALL.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Seem to recall that this could be caused by an incorrect value for the fim carrier in form 4, which cabinet is the card in?

PRI card replaced but still not working. Again, this music on hold issue only happens on calls out or into the building. The music on hold is coming from a universal card with a MOH module.

How about trying a DNIC MOH module, looks like a mitel dialer.

What kind of connection to the control cabinet is being used, fiber or copper? Still think it may be a wrong setting in form 4, I think you verified all class of services to have music.

Never said what form 4 says per these connections and what the fim card is. gong to them. Think you have a fiber to the bay and another to the PRI, am I wrong?

The FIM card is strictly being used for connecting to the other bays. The PRI is in the same cabinet as the MCC, so it is not connected over fiber.

Follow jpruder down the form 4 rabbit hole

Also consider form 41 and or form 42 if memory serves me correctly. jpruder can elaborate.

Also, nytalkin has some keen insights to offer regarding the PRI Card and protocols.

As far as I can see, you have not defined where the PRI resides. Is it in the main controller or a peripheral. I don't honestly know if it matters but your answer may steer everyone to a more precise course towards a solution.

The only time I have seen MOH not working oon a PRI is if the card is in the control node. It is only a dual fim card. If class of service is correct, I would think it is set as triple. I certainly be wrong as I no longer deal with 200's on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back