Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel sx-200 EL ons does not ring analog phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1way2findout

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
US
Why do I get tip/ring voltage from a mitel ons (analog) line card but the analog phone itself does not ring. I am 100 percent sure that the analog phone is in good condition. When I dial the analog phone from a digital phone on a digital line card there is no ring,however if I pick up the analog set the connection is made. The power supply an all other hardware has been tested and works good.

I am running lightware 19, are there any special class of service or features I need to enable.

Someone help me please im going crazy over this one?

does the set ring on other analog ports? Try a default COS for the set and a different port. See if the problem stops or not. You may have a bad port. sometimes a COS Option can prevent a phone from ringing, but if the COS is default it'll ring. Also any analog phone should work unless it is really special in that it may want regular CO voltages.

Simon

Sorry to put a UK slant on this - but in the UK we have several different types of telephone socket and the problem that you describe could be down to having the wrong type fitted (secondary instead of Master).

Another option would be that the voice circuit (UK again) is on pins 2 and 5 - but the ring is between pins 5 and 3.

Hope this helps

It is probably a bad port on the ONS card. There is a relay that puts the ringing voltage on the line and if that goes bad the port work for outbound and you can answer the call if called but no ring. Swap ports or swap the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back