Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MItel RAD showing ringing to Reception before RAD finished playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer101

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
GB
Hi

Im New to RADs and having just bought some Embeded Vm Licenses ive setup one as a front end message to a Surgery, but im getting complaints that before the entire RAD is played the call is flashing on the supersets to be answered. this means that callers arent hearing the entire RAD message (opening times etc)

How do i delay so that it rings the Superset (Ip 5312) only after the RAD ends

Checked the doc's and can see a delay to ring timer but changed this and hasnt worked ?

Open to suggestions

How do the callers end up at the RAD? If there is some type of forwarding so that callers hear the RAD then forward somewhere it might be as simple as extending the forwarding timer. Solution depends on your setup. Assuming this is a 3300?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Sounds like you are trying to get a RAD to perform as a Pre-Announcement.

depending on your system this can be quite tricky as that is not how they are designed to work.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Loopylou

cheers for that: yup 3300 but the RAD simultaniously plays whilst the calls are presented to the users but the issue is that i need the RAD to finish playing then present ringing to the Handsets/users

Kwb/mitel

I was toying with setting up a auto-attendant instead of the RAD but prefer to keep the licenses

You want stay away from having trunks first answer point being a RAD as that allows DISA functionality. You best bet might be an ACD path that interflows after a timer equal to the length of the message.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

What She? said ^^^^^

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back