Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel phone goes to Headset mode itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

techomaster

Technical User
Apr 21, 2015
SA
Hi ,

we facing issue with one of our client they using Mitel Mxe iii and Mitel 5320 and 5312 phones .

Issue is phones automatically goes to headset mode then i have to give feature code to disable headset mode and reboot the phone ..

i disabled the option for enable headset mode but even the phone change to headset mode .

Kindly anyone can advise what will be reason or anyone facing this issue ?

Pls find attached Feature Code list .

Thanks..

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=babbb3d9-772a-4b7c-9917-f0232717807b&file=Feature_Code.csv
Is the handset plugged into the correct jack on the back of the phone?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

we are not using headphone . I disabled the active code for enable headphone.
Even the phone automatically goes to headphone mode. Guest cannot make calls

Did you read his post? He asks if the handset is plugged into the correct jack on the back of the phone. If it is plugged into the headset jack, the phone will go into headset mode natively.

Dear ,

I Re checked handset connected to the right port . If i connect to the headset cable to Headphone jack that there will no voice on headset .

There is no way someone can use headset cable connect with haedphone jack .

@techomaster

I can see by your post history that you are new here. Take it as a given that most responses you receive here are from professionals with a degree of expertise that boggles my mind on occasion. In my own case, I've been working with Mitel products since the mid 80's (not quite 30 yrs yet). Suffice it to say, we're good at what we do.

Your original question was top notch. It was missing some key ingredients such as system type and software version, but I was able to compensate for that by viewing your provided attachment. For the record, you have a Mitel 3300 MCD rel 4.2. The rest of your post seemed to cover the common suspects which is why my first question was looking for the more unusual. It wasn't because I don't know how the phone would function in that event.

At this juncture, I think we need to reassess a few things

How are you determining that the phone is in headset mode?
Why are you rebooting the phone?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back