Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MiVoice 5000 extension 2500 uplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Umhey

Technical User
Aug 31, 2022
US
We purchased a Mitel MiVoice 5000 phone system for our office from Frontier Communications in 2018, and I’m having a hard time finding anyone anywhere that will even consider working on it at this point. This is particularly frustrating as we are currently having an issue that is preventing us from accessing our voicemail and the auto-attendant call tree is not working either. Incoming calls simply ring indefinitely. When trying to access the admin menu or voicemail, the handset displays ‘extension 2500 is unplugged.’ I’ve tried rebooting the HX controller box, but the problem persists. Is there any way to correct this problem without having the database software that Mitel provides to its partners? Please help!

Without being too specific, where are you located? I may be able to help you get service for this product.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

2500 is the default Auto Attendant extension. Can you access the system via database programming software and restart voice processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back