Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MCD back ups failing since Java 7.55 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehecatl72

Programmer
Nov 3, 2010
US
Hello,

I cannot back up Mitel MCD 4.2 with new Java 7.55. I cannot back up MCD 5.0 to 6.0 with Java 7.55 without making exceptions in Java security. Has anyone experiencing this and do you have a work around.

Technology is going to kill us all!

yep

I have a vmware workstation virtual machine ( i have a couple with different IE versions and java)

for older mitels i use IE7 via this virtual machine

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Adding exceptions is the "right" way to do it. I believe you can wildcard them as well, so you could add exceptions for 10.*.*.*, 192.168.*.*, and 172.16.*.*, which covers most RFC1918 compliant networks that you'd ever run into. Then you'd just have to add exceptions for any public-facing addresses. It will be interesting to see what happens once Java 8 comes out.

Another option would be to run an FTP server package on your PC, set the "External FTP Server" credentials to match that, and back up to the FTP server running on the PC instead.

I tried this and it failed on the backup file name being too long. Using Filezilla. Could never find a way to shorten it...

I think that ever 15 seconds someone dies in the world or a java update screws things up.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back