Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MAS server not sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonker1974

Technical User
Oct 11, 2011
BS
Hi Guys ,
I have this issue with my mitel mas server not syncing with mitel server.

The following error occurred during the last sync:
ERROR: The server successfully started a sync operation with sync.mitel-amc.com but the connection was broken before the operation completed. Contact your authorized partner for more assistance if this error persists

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it continue to give this error or can it sync now?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

I would say the client is blocking it. Ping sync.mitel-amc.com. The address should come back as 216.191.234.91. Make sure the client is granting access to this IP.

Always look out for the next tech. because one day it will be you!

What client? this is coming from the MAS Server.

Your connection to the AMC. By client I mean customer.

Always look out for the next tech. because one day it will be you!

I think I have had this before and had to clear the Hardware ID on the AMC and then sync.

open console - login as root and check that nslookup can resolve an external address if not set a dns server address

if the server cannot reach the amc using dns it will not sync

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Logon to the MAS using putty as "root" not admin, same password

telnet sync.mitel-amc.com 22

what do u get?

if you get a connected to sync....... then its not your connection and probably needs hardware id reset on the AMC

if you dont get connected to sync.... then try it to the IP. If that works then its a DNS issue. If that doesnt work either then look at your routing.

Hope this helps

you need to release you r hardware id and resync .
If you have AMC access you may also have to release it there
If you have no amc access or in the amc it advises that you have reached the limit you will then need mitel support to clear the arid in the amc for you

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back