Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel - Intelligent Queue Licencing used with IVR Routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCorvinus

Programmer
Mar 24, 2017
GB
Morning Guys,

First time poster here - hope you are all well.

After a 3 year break i'm back working on mitel systems...been a few changes since i last used it. IQ no longer exists! ( Shock)

Just wondering, is it possible to convert the now redundant IQ App Server Ports into Ones that can be used for RAD or IVR Ports?

Secondly, Would anybody please be able to clarify the differences between the below port types and a suggested use as an example?

Sorry to be a pain!

Ports

IQPort - App Server Ports X 30
IVR Port - Messaging Port 5020 IP X 30 ( 10 on each controller)
RAD Port - RAD Port 5020 IP - 13 ( 4, 4, 3 split on 3 controllers)
VM Port - Voice Mail X 24 ( On ACD Controller )

We dont use voice mail here, we have Nu Point but business does not require them, Could these be converted to RAD or IVR At all?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The MiVb would need to be upgraded

there is no real migration path , its a hand reload required to move config to IVR

The IVR ports are programmed as trusted in the pabx ( no user license required)

The server comes with 240 messaging ports free ( 120 on main server and 120 on remote server if required)

The problem happens when you need call-back , collected digitts, database dips etc.

Then you need an IVR starter pack ( 5 ports) and additional ports after that as required.

if you for example decide that 10 IVR ports are required , you lose all of the messaging ports and end up with only 10 ports

These ports can then be allocated as messaging / UPIQ/ outbound as required.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@Billz66 - Piggybacking on this thread

If I understand your response correctly, you are saying that if you do not purchase IVR ports for a specific purpose such as Callback, then you have up to 120 Ports available for queue messaging. However, as soon as you purchase IVR ports, the system will only provide that many ports for any and all functions. Is that a correct statement?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@kwbMitel

Correct you get 120 ports for Messaging and Routing.
As soon as you need advanced IVR (Collected Digits, Execute, Database Dips, Callbacks etc...) purchase the required ports a forfeit the 120 ports.

It's a pretty good deal if you don't require Advanced Ports.

As sorond said thats correct

we find its worse if the customer has been sold ivr licenses that they didnt really need as it limits what you can do to that number of ports.

Main issue i had on a non ivr site was when they wanted to block an incoming caller

i tried to link the ivr to an excel spreadsheet to do an extension lookup and couldnt because that was counted as database dipping
- only get that with IVR

I ended up having to manually create ivr check for every extension

My strong suggestion is to not get carried away with using 'free' ports though

because if you end up with a 50 port 'free' system and then decide you need an IVR function its gonna cost a fortune to get 50 IVR ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back