Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel and DHCP via W2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislaan

Technical User
Sep 10, 2007
NL
I have 2 sites now were a phone boots up in Vlan 1, gets its voice vlan options via the Cisco, boots up in Vlan 800, does a dhcp request gets option 43,125 or 128 and after that it stops.
If i deactivate the voice scope on the W2003 and actived the one in the Mitel(with excactely the same options as the W2003) the phones will load and connect normal to the 3300.
Who has got this issue and found a solution for it.

On our Win 2003 DHCP we had to add the option 130 (IP Phone DHCP Server) with the value of MITEL IP PHONE
The value must be in upercase.

May or may not work for you.
Steve

If it asks for option 128 then it did not get option 125
Try to use option 43 instead 125
There is a problem with that option and 2003

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Are you handing out the Vlan 800 option on the second DHCP handout? You do not need to do that, once with the first DHCP request is enough. I have ran into problems with that before.

I will get the Vlan info from our router/switch via CDP,
If i use the old options 130,129 and 128 it won't work, if i use option 125 it won't work and if i use option 43 it won't work. If i de-activate the scope in the DHCP-server and turn on the Mitel DHCP server it works with option 130,129 and 128. It works with option 125 and it probably will work with option 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back