Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 6940 Message Light Flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrob03

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2019
US
Hello. I have a 6 month old Mitel 6940 phone that has recently began acting up. The message indicator light continues to flash, no matter what I try. I've unplugged the phone from the network several times to try and reboot it. It doesn't work. I've let myself messages and then called back to check them, thinking that would clear it, nothing doing.

Any thoughts ?

Sounds like Nortel's Norstar/BCM where it has what I call the "poor mans voice mail" where one phone can send the message to another phone to light up the LED.
Feature 65 shows whom lit the light, Feature #65 clears it.

Here is Mitels possible fix for you:
Resolution:

Here's how to solve this problem and get your MWI light to go out.

If you have a display phone, hit your message waiting button. Then push the "Read Messages" button then the "Call Back" button. This will show you who lit the light. Press the call button and it will ring their phone. Once the person answers the light will go out. You may have the option to, rather than hitting the "Call" button, to hit the "Erase" button. This will turn out the light without calling the other person.

Best to post the system model and version software when posting in future sine it's the system that does all the work.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Come over to the Mitel Forum forum1329

there are many reasons the lamp could be flashing.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back