Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 6940 Boot's with wrong Firmware (SIP instead of MiNet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusBS

Systems Engineer
Aug 18, 2021
DE
Hello everyone,

we have installed some new 6940 IP-Phones on our Mitel MiVoice Business System at our Customer.
At the beginning, the Phones wasn’t in the correct VLAN, so they can’t load the MiNet configuration from our MiVoice Business System.
After a while, the 6940 Phones load a Menu where you can choose if you want to use the Phones in another environment, like the MBG or the Cloud Based System.
It seems that some of the Customers can´t wait to try out the new Phones and now the Phones Load the SIP-Firmware instead of the MiNet-Firmware.
After some Internet research I used a TFTP Server to deploy the MiNet-Software to the Phones which I downloaded from the MXe via FTP.
I visited the Management Website from the Phone and opened the Firmware Update Form, where I entered the Information needed to Update the Firmware.
In other words, my TFTP Server and the Filename(MINET_6940.st). When I click on the Update Button, the Phone try to download it and I can see in the Error Messages that the Software is already on the Phone.
So then I tried the other Package on the MiVoice Business System (MINET_6940-enc.st). The Error Message now is that the Software is incompatible. Then I though that it would be a nice Idea to download the Updates from the Software Download Center in the MiAccess Portal. But I got the same error messages. Does anybody got the same Problem or have a Tip how I can force the Phone to load the MiNet-Firmware. I mean, the Phone's does have both Firmware's in their Storage and there must be a Possibility to change the Boot order like in the BIOS or the UEFI of your PC.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ba285893-3e03-4b5c-9519-2f58916747eb&file=Sceenshots_for_Diagnostics.docx.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back