Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5485 to Valcom v-2924a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProTelJon

Vendor
Dec 3, 2012
US
I am trying to interface the 2 together with no luck on dialing each talkback zone. Has anyone used a 5485 to goto a talkback controller?

I thought the 5485 was a one-way audio paging device; even if you get the dtmf passing through to access your different zones, I don't think you will get talkback audio. Most of my talkback devices interface via a trnk port on the Axxess/5000. I have not had to connect one to a 3300 yet. Good luck!

The V-2924A tip/ring (W/Bl pair) on P7 block is providing intercom dial tone and talk battery. To this phone system, this appears as an outside phone line. An FXO (trunk) port should be used to interface to the V-2924A.

According to documentation found online, the Mitel 5485 provides a standard line level audio output. This output is not compatible with the tip/ring input on the V-2924A.

To test the statements above, I suggest performing two tests.
1) place a buttset or analog phone across the tip/ring input of V-2924A, go off-hook, receive intercom dial tone, enter zone number

2) place a buttset in Monitor position across R/Br pair (pins 34 & 9) of Mitel 5485, page audio should be heard

If talkback and/or multi-zone paging is required, an FXO port will be needed from the phone system.

Here is the information I found online regarding the Mitel 5485:

Here is the install manual for the V-2924A:

Thanks,
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back