Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5330e vs 5330 slow boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYES

MIS
Mar 14, 2002
US
I administer several Mitel ICP systems and do new phone installs on all of them. I have run into a problem on our bigger phone system if I program a Mitel 5330 IP phone it will boot up immediately no hardcoding of any setting needed VLAN discovery all perfect. On the same phone system if I install the newer 5330e version of the phone it will boot up, the extension number will briefly flash and then quickly it will switch to "Please wait while upgrades are performed on the HTML applications on this phone" it then actually takes 10 minutes (I timed it) to fully come up and become useable. The version of software on this Mitel (MXe-III) is release level 5.0 PRI1
Now I can take this same 5330e phone and program it up on our other phone system which is CX-II release level 6.0 and it boots up downloads HTML apps and is ready in 40 seconds. I have compared DHCP options and made settings identical on both systems nothing has changed the boot up of the 5330e phone on our bigger phone system. One thing I have noticed is on the release 5.0 PRI1 phone system the phone is not identified as a 5330e but as a 5330 but on the release 6.0 phone system it is correctly identified as a 5330e. On the release 5.0 system a 5330e phone is not an option in the device list this is what I believe is the cause of the slow boot - the Mitel phone system does not have a definition for this phone. Can anyone clarify this? Do I need to upgrade the OS on this Mitel box or is there a work around?
Thanks ahead for any thoughts or suggestions.

Support for the 5320e was added in release 5.0 SP2 11.0.2.17. Is this the release of 5.0 running on this controller?

SXWizard thanks for the reply, the active software load is 11.0.0.105_1 Can I assume that 5330e was added at same the time as the 5320e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back