Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5330/5340 Log on different user

Status
Not open for further replies.

murcielag0

Technical User
Mar 22, 2018
CA
Hello,

We are looking into the option of sharing desks / phones with multiple users.

Instead of an Admin removing the MAC address from the phone, is there any other way for me to take over someone's phone and use it with my extension?

Assuming we have the same phone type on our profile? We would rather not have to keep a separate phone for everyone.

PBX - Mitel 3300

Thanks,

Hotdesking

The Desk Phone is setup as IP Only with COS 101 and COR 101 (phone does not function without a logged in phone

The Extension that needs to login has hotdesking enabled all other programming is the same

If your licences are already Multi-Device, then there are no license implications

If you are using Full Licenses then you may need to purchase some hot desk licenses

to enable the hotdesking there will need to be some changes made top the MIVB
whats the software version
- you normally just need to create a cluster ( can be single system in it)
then add an auto range for devices ( depends on software version)
then remove mac for a phone
will return to the press hold to send pin
use *** to auto assign device only

change user account from fixed to hostdesk ( may have to delete depending upon software level)
add hotdesk login pin if required

add hotdesk login to cos of users ( will then show hotdesk control softkey )
press hotdesk , enter ext and then pin - should be able to login

go to other phone , press login enter your extension and pin and it should logout from original and login to new
when no one is logged into a device it cant be use for anything but emergency calls ( device only)
if you need the base devices to be fully functional then they will need a new fixed extension number and a license

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back