Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 paging need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoidheach

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
Hi I am looking for some help and guidance on installing a paging setup with a Mitel 5000.
Here is what I have a Mitel 5000, a Cisco SPA122 ATA and a Viking unit( sorry I do not have the model, I will add it Monday when back at work) I need to go from IP to analog for a Page Zone which I am using Valcom Speakers.
My first question is do I need to set a SIP extension up in the Mitel 5000 for the ATA or a single line IP?
Second question is the programming in the ATA, I have no idea what my settings should be
Third is the Viking unit and setting that up.
Even if someone can give me partial information it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Lee

I would think that most would tell you to tap the speaker leads fro the cheapest ip phone you can connect. I don't think the ata has value here for you.

People have had good things to say about the Snom PA1 when using IP office, the 5000 handles paging a bit better so I reckon it should work well here too :)

Do you know which type of "analogue" interface the paging unit has ? I've seen paging systems that use both trunks and extensions (fxo & fxs)

If the paging unit is in the vicinity of the 5000 why not use one of the physical ports on the back if they are spare ?

The Viking unit I am using is a Viking RAD 1A, the reason I cannot go directly off the 5000 is the paging is at a different building, hence the reason I need to go from IP to analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back