Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellpatrick

Technical User
Feb 11, 2012
CA
is there no embedded DHCP server in the Mitel 5000? I have a customer using the DHCP server built into their router and it doesn't allow custom DHCP options. I really don't want to program each phone individually. any suggestions? should I tell them to upgrade the router? if so what is a good router with a built in customize-able DHCP server?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Disappointingly it doesn't have a embedded DHCP server. The only thing I have used for customisable DHCP options is a Windows server. Do they not have one of these on site for their data? They are quite easy to setup using the DHCP helper you can download from MOL

Regards

I've found that a router is used on a small site without many phones, and in that case use the router for DHCP and then simply add the ICP and TFTP settings into the phones manually.
As phone and PC count increases, a windows server usually makes an appearance, and in that case you use option 43 as per the 5000 documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back