Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 DEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoidheach

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
I am looking for some insight on Mitel 5000 DEE troubles, I have a Mitel 5000 6.0, licensed for DEE with a PRI and DID, primarily using 8568 phones with a few IPs. I am having an issue with certain cell phone numbers that I program in DEE, certain 7 digit numbers I program in and they work fine others never go to the cell phone. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated ..............Thanks, Lee

Have you eliminated configuration errors by assigning a known working number to a non-working DEE?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

As far as a known working number do you just mean another extension? As far as config errors are you talking programming issues?

Known working numbers
certain 7 digit numbers I program in and they work fine

So what I understand from that

Ext XXX works when programmed with number 1111111
Ext YYY does not work when programmed with number 2222222

I would try programming
XXX programmed with number 2222222
YYY programmed with number 1111111

This will tell you if the issue is with the 7 digit number or with the station programming

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Ext 2345 works with 123-4567 as DEE for incoming PRI and station to station calls(will ring station and cell)

Ext 2345 works with 000-0000 as DEE only for station to station but not on incoming PRI (the cell never rings)

When I go to call activity and watch the calls everything looks identical, coming in on a trunk, going to station and going out on a trunk

I have not tried the cell as DEE on another extension yet but will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back