Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 CP Sockets Desktop OAI Forgot Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

frinksterj

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2012
US
So, i am that guy. I set the password on our Mitel 5000 for the Desktop OAI. This allows your softphone to connect to the Mitel Server.

Of course I forgot the password and in order to change it you have to know the previous password.
Ugghhh!

Hopefully someone out their has a way to fix this.

Thanks,
Frinkster

Just checked on my demo kit and you just right click the hashes in the password field and it asks you for the new password and to confirm it, you don't need the old password.

This is on a 5.1 system.

Hey NetDave, I was hoping that would work but it did not. My system required an "Old Password".

dfzKS.png

Hmmm, could you tell me what firmware version you are running?

I'm not sure where to get the firmware information from the Mitel DB Progamming application. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Platform Type: HX Controller

Release Version: 5.0 (Release 17) Upgrade Info
Call Processing Version: 5.0.3.46 US

I've created a default database, US spec for the closest I can get to your release and it still doesn't ask for the old password when I change it.

When you log into the 5000 is your username Admin, or something different?

My username is something different than Admin. However my account is the only one in the DB Programming tool.

I sent an email out to our vendor. Maybe he's got an elevated account that I am not aware of but I thought I had full control.

Thanks for all your help with this. It's appreciated!

The admin account can change this without needing to know the old password.
I guess the idea is that the person holding the admin account should be aware of all implications of changing OAI passwords, whereas other lower level 'user' accounts may not. If you know the old password, you are likely to be in a place where it's ok to change it.
If you don't know the old password, an admin will probably want to be involved, to check what you're doing.

The first post says you're changing the Desktop OAI password, but the screenshot shows an atempted edit of the System Level 2 password. An admin should pick up on this, and check that you're changing the right one for the right thing... as a change to the wrong one would cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back