Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 ARS... please shoot me 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankblan

Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
CA
5000 6.0

Can't figure this out...

The systems seems stuck on 7-digit dialing; we dial 10 (area code + 7 digits). If I dial 1+10 it works; if I dial 10, it only sends the first 7.

Other problem I have, is under associated extension, in outgoing I put in 92000 (ARS), but if I dial a 5XXX number, it should grab SIP and go to that other PBX's extension, and any other digit should go out on regular trunks. Neither work; I have to put one or the other, but then the ARS doesn't work.

Plus with the 7 digits, even with the system defaulted, the redial feature only dials the first 7.

Under numbering plan/Area Flags. The only options that should be "Yes" are "office codes used as area codes" and :area codes used as office codes". All others should be "No".

THANK YOU!!!

I toyed with different combinations of yes & no on these; guess never found the right one. Doc on that section is not real clear.

I defaulted the system and still had the same problem.

On the same subject:

I have 5XXX extensions going through SIP, and the 819XXXXXXX (10 digit local) going through LS. If I put associated extension at 92000 in the user, I can dial out 10 digits, but the 5XXX never goes out. If I put associated ext 92002 (sip) or dial the trunk group and then the 5XXX it goes through.

I've put the route group for SIP at the top, and it still wont go through with ARS. What am I missing? Should I enable en bloc dialing?

Create Phantom extensions for your 5XXX dialing. If you want to dial ext 5000 I would build phantom extension 5000. From a phone, call forward always 5000 using feature code 359, "Remote Programming", to your SIP trunk group. You will forward 5000 to 5000#. When you have that phantom built and tested you can use on-line monitor to view the forward profile. After you create the other phantoms you can program the forward profiles from database programming. Be sure to program the outside number ending in a # to speed up ARS.

I'll try that; but there is no way to dial 8 + 10 digits, or 8 + 4 digits (or use call key) ?

That's what ARS is supposed to do: analyze the digits and send it where it should

Have you tried to use numbering plan - facility groups and route groups? ARS is using this forms to route the calls to the right trunk groups.

To use ARS to route site to site via SIP

Create a Facility Group that has the SIP Trunk group that networks to the to the site under under Trunk Groups/Nodes
Create a new Route Group that has 5+ in the dialling plan and the facility group you just created under Facility Groups.
Click route groups so you have all of the groups in the right hand pane, drag your new group to the top of the list so it will be checked first.

We have succesfully used this method to route calls from a 5000 to an IP Office via SIP, you just have to tell users although its a 3 or 4 digit number you need to press Outgoing or 8 before the number.

@jceruma
@netdave

Forgot to post; been working for a while. The problem I had was with the Echo stuff; I took them all out, tried different combos and nothing worked. Put them all back in and now it works; go figure.

That Echo stuff is so counter-intuitive; should be absorb/prepend and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back