Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 (6.0) and CSM (6.0) not communicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankblan

Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
CA
Upgraded 5000 to 6.0 SP4; and CSM to 6.0 SP2.

Migrated the CSM to stand alone Windows Server 2008 as per doc and release notes. The server sync its license all right, but it doesn't connect to the phone system. Install is pretty straight forward, tech handbook not very detailed.

Firewall is off, I can ping and all that good stuff.

Any suggestions/experience here with that?

ACSS-SME

Is the DB2 database running in the Task Bar?

Green logo with a can in the middle, hopefully without a red cross against it.

Yes; server side seems all right as is the database. Just doesn't reach the phone system. It worked prior to upgrade and migration from MAS to standalone

ACSS-SME

Password on the sockets on the 5000?

Lost off the CSM instance during the transfer?

Any chance you can install MSA&D on the CSM server and test connectivity with it?

I assumed you had ported the database over, I wasn't sure whether port settings are also copied from instance to instance.

The only time I've ever had this was when the DB2 database and The CSM Server wouldn't run at the same time, when you started one the other stopped. I never got to the bottom of it to be honest.

Mitel support wanted extended logging turned on over a period of time etc etc, by the time I had some logs the server had fixed itself somehow!

A colleague figured it out; although it didn't come from the CSM doc.

I put the admin password in the socket section; connected instantly. The doc only specifies to put the password in the section where you declare the 5000's IP along with port 4000.

I had tried putting a different password there and the same in the socket. Never occurred to me to put the admin password in both places.

ACSS-SME

Glad it's sorted.

I always use the Admin Password as the Socket password which is why i've probably never come across this problem before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back